Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Fever!

Yesterday was gorgeous! It seemed so much warmer than what the Weather said it was..lovely! And there was a nice breeze going. So, about 11 am, I hung out my laundry on the line...I made myself a goal to get two loads hung and dry before any rain set in (storms were forcasted later in the day) or before night came :) I did it! All by about 4 pm--that is how nice of a day it was!

I also got some other things done, even after doing school work with the kids! I started on the school books and quickly discovered their books (most of them anyway) were too tall for the shelves..so I need to get a different bookshelf and use that one for other, shorter books...not a big deal. But, I did get that side of the room more organized anyway ;)

I also got the kids to clean the playroom-it was a mess! Not sure how, since the kids rarely play in there. But, there was a lot of cumbled paper, some stuff from my sewing at Christmas (it was in a bag to be thrown away, but someone knocked it down and the scraps get tossed around), and some other things...it just needed a quick clean. So, I told the kids "Let's see how much of the playroom we can get cleaned in 15 minutes. I will set the timer and we will all work together..when the timer goes, we will stop no matter what is left to clean up". The kids thought this was great! I think given the option to stop no matter what made them happy. They worked hard, so perhaps they even wanted to 'race the clock". Some complained, but mostly they worked very hard. We got the room picked up, swept and some things put away, all before the timer even went off. My oldest son did the math on how much time was left on the timer--we had 1 minute and 46 seconds :)

Yes, I think I had Spring Fever yesterday...but, it was wonderful! Now, we will not be that warm for the next week, but atleast I took good advantage of my restlessness (if I could have planted a garden, I would have done that all day instead ;)...

No comments: