Friday, February 6, 2009

Shopping Notebooks-again

I mentioned before how I use a binder to make my shopping list and hold my coupons, scissors I use for coupon clipping (so I can hide them from my kids-lol), a calendar of the current and next month, and my menu ideas. It also holds some recipes I look back at so I can remember the ingredients.

Well, yesterday I treated myself to a new binder!! Yes, I did :) It is my favorite color-purple. I got a 1 1/2 inch size, but after I got home, I was wishing I had bought the 2 inch...but I will keep this one :) I also purchased some trading card pocket pages. These are the plastic sheets with pockets that usually you would use for trading cards...there are nine pockets on each side of the page....

Why, you ask? I am using these pages to hold my coupons. I was concerned the coupons would not go in easily, or that they might get stuck, but I have to tell you, it works wonderfully! I can see my coupons easily and flip through them without worrying about dropping any as I go down the isles shopping! I haven't tried it out yet, but will get he chance today at Reasors.

My husband made a comment as I was organizing my notebook to be sure I remember where I placed them...had that covered, Honey! For me, it is easiest to remember the set up of Walmart's isles...and since that is the place I use most of my coupons right now, I arranged them all according to the way my Walmart is set up and the way I take my trip through their store. It would be easy for anyone to arrange these pages in any way that would help them.

Also, I love to keep the coupons I plan to use for that particular shopping session (my shopping is usually made up of two days-one day to Aldi, Reasors, Food Pyramid (if I will hit the sales at those stores) and the bread store. Then, the next day, I go to Walmart. It is less stressful for me if I have the kids and easier on them as well :) So, I might as well call these trips as a shopping session ;) But, I took two empty pocket pages and placed them before all the other pocket pages. Inside those pockets I placed all the coupons I plan to use, including any Register Rewards I might have for Walgreen's. Some coupons in there are for products that might be new and I want to check out--if the savings are good enough. This way, I don't forget the coupons and lose out on what might have been a good deal for a new product :)

I will take some pictures soon-camera batteries are charging again...gee, you would think I would treat myself to some new batteries too!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Where did you pick up the trading card folders? I have looked in different places and can't find them. I live in NE OK and have had no luck in finding them. The ladies in my homeschool group have been using them fro the same thing but no one has said where they get them.
Kim

OkieDebbie said...

Hi Kim, I found mine at Walmart, by the registers where they have the trading cards. This is at the Owasso Walmart and I do know when we shopped the Sand Springs Walmart, they also had them right by the trading cards near the registers. Try that..if you cannot find them, let me know :) I have a ton left over and would not mind sharing ;) BTW, I love your blog...