Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A New Bread

I made Light Oat Bread yesterday after I made the batter for my banana muffins and let the girls finish them up in the oven :)
I really liked this bread! I doubled the recipe to get two loaves. I wanted to add in a bit of wheat, but only had a 1/4 cup of wheat flour (still added it though ;). I didn't put in as much sugar as they called for and I wish I would have. The bread was still good, but I think the amount of sugar they called for would have made it even better. This made me two good sized loaves (and I started to take pics, but forgot to get one of the finished bread-lol...I promise next time as I will be making this bread again!!).
These would make terrific rolls and I think I will try that next week :)
By the way, for your bread machine users, this is actually a bread machine recipe, so if you are looking for a new recipe, try this one :) Apparently, even from the bread machine, the crust is yummy!

No comments: