Thursday, March 12, 2009

So Much Money to Waste on Eating Out?

Goodness, did you watch Oprah yesterday? The show was about saving money on meals. Three big named chefs were brought in to show three families how to eat better at home, while saving money on things like take out, fast microwave foods, etc...One family spent $400 a week-yes, a week (!!!) on eating out. This was a family of 4-and the one child I saw was younger...this scared me. I would love to have an extra $400 a week....not to spend on take out, mind you-lol! This mom started doing take out because her family did not like the food she made....her husband says it really was not that good. Gosh, for one $400 week of take out, she could have taken a good course at a local college to learn how to cook...probably a couple courses! Or, get some recipe books, gee, even online there are great recipe sites with reviews that have helped this novice cook learn to cook better! But, I must add, this mom, and the other moms, really did seem to learn alot from the chefs and change things for their family :) Good goin' Moms!!

The chefs really had some interesting meals and I think taught these families alot. You can check out their meal plans on Oprah

There is other great info on the site too-planning for meals, pantry neccessities, etc that you can check out. Im going to see if there is a new meal for my family. I hate being in a rut, and so far my plan to try one new meal a paycheck has not worked out...I just cannot find enough my family will all like :( So, Im off to search again....Have a blessed day!!

No comments: