Saturday, January 17, 2009

Year Challenge

I have really gotten into making bread the past few months-by hand :) I used a bread machine before that, and it did become useful in this house, but it died :( SO, I had to figure out how to make bread on my own with the use of no machinery...and this recipe really helped me: http://suzannemcminn.com/blog/2007/12/19/grandmother-bread/ It is really easy and pretty fail proof, but I think it taught me alot in learning how the dough should feel, kneading, etc.

So, my next venture will be trying new bread recipes. As you saw a couple weeks ago, I made bagels. I will try those again-perhaps tomorrow :) Today, I plan to try the master bread dough recipe from www.breadworld.com (this is Fleischmann's Yeast site). I will scale it down to use just one envelope of yeast and make some rolls for dinner to go with our chicken tonight :) I want to make it a point to try a new bread recipe each week-whether it be yeast bread or a quick bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls, or breakfast items-like muffins and the like :)

I will try to remember to include pics as I go along. Some weeks it might be me making the recipes, or it might be my kids :)

3 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Yes, do a tutorial!!! Traci would love that....so not a bread maker here. I got the Artisan bread book, and the flour.....just never attemepted the bread, lol.

OkieDebbie said...

A tutorial?! Oh, we'll see about that-getting ready to update my bread making adventure from yesterday-no pics, but my new post will explain why :)

What's Cookin Stacey?? said...

Sounds so good! Can't wait to see what you make! We love fresh bread of any kind!!