Thursday, January 1, 2009

Well, I managed to get one goal finished already. I decided to get started on the baseboards in the kids' bathroom. It was the worst and drove me nuts every time I went in there-lol!


Here is a picture of one of them before:
You can see, sort of, how the caulking around this board is not very smooth. I think that made dust get trapped more and it got very grimy...


 Problem with that was, I had a hard time just using a cloth to wipe it down. I went to softly scrubbing with a scrub brush--new problem:
These are clean, but do not look like it-though I promise they are. The brown you see is paint that rubbed off-even though I was gentle with the brush :( I will show Eric when he gets home and I think will take on a project when it is warmer of removing these baseboards, removing the caulk, repainting them and letting Eric re-caulk them. He is really good at that-makes a very pretty bead :) So, I know they will look nice when he is finished and they will be easier to clean next time. I think the paint used in our bathrooms is not a bathroom paint, and that might be why it rubbed off so easily. I will be sure to use a good bathroom paint when I repaint :)


Here is an area away from the tub that needing cleaning, but I could just use the damp towel due to no caulk-crevices :) It looks much nicer!
On another note--]


This is what my kids did yesterday :
Levi wanted to make a lemonade stand to sell lemonade, but I had no disposable cups. So, they decided to raise money for a local animal shelter/rescue. They raised over $12 in just a few hours :) They are out there again today and hoping to raise more :) I honestly did not think it would work out for them, but it really did! They made this all up on their own, didn't even ask me-lol, and did a great job! Im proud of them :)

1 comment:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I HATE baseboards.....that was always my job as a child...cleaning those things!!! I used the 1x4 boards in this house....so much easier to clean. You should go to www.flylady.net and get her rubba scrubba brush....I use it for everything. It is really good on pet hair and fireplace ash....I pop it in the dishwaster to clean. I'm going to order more of them....they are around $5.00....also, the timer w/ a vibrator and clip so you can wear around and do 15 min. jobs...w/out the beeping. It will work on the baseboards....at least it does mine.

Kids are getting sooooo big!!! Happy New Year.