Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goal Setting Sunday

I did not get to my blinds-we had those two nice warm days, but I just spent that time enjoying watching my kids play outside :) And, I ended up doing some other cleaning in my kitchen-moving the fridge and cleaning behind and under it (my cat had fun helping me since he found a long lost marble that was his in my cleaning process and don't ya know how fun dust bunnies are to chase around? they are-try it-well, if you are a cat and reading this blog...ahem...)

But, I did get my baseboard cleaning goal done as I posted already :) And, I got most of my tree taken down--packed all the ornaments into new boxes, and organized those boxes. I have bad light sets in one box with some bad Christmas decorations-ones I really do not want to throw away in case I can come up with something to do with them (yes, I am a bit of a pack rat). Then, I put all the nice decors into another box and the good lights/new lights into another.

This week's goal is to get the tree put away and to ask DH to help me put the boxes away :0) My goal will be easy, but we are starting back to school this week and I just want to focus on that. Plus, my laundry is growing again and I need to get that down. I will be able to tackle quite a bit of that today when I get the fire going and can hang clothes near the fireplace to dry ( and put some moisture into the air ;)

Have a great week everyone! I would love to hear from others on what their goals might be this week! Feel free to share :)

3 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

My goal is to just SURVIVE this week...trying to get back to normal!!! I'm trying to meal plan right now.

This week is zone 2 on flylady....KITCHEN....going to get on that this week.

How DO you keep moisture w/ a fireplace? I have a pot of water on the woodstove....I guess I've never thought about the fireplace....nowhere to put a pot of water......

OkieDebbie said...

Josh did the kitchen yesterday-he cleaned out hte fridge, counters and swept a bit :) Want me to send him your way? lol!

It doesn't add much moisture, but apparently hanging your clothes near the fireplace will help them dry and add some moisture. I would love to get a nice cast iron kettle to place in the fireplace, not too close to the fire, to help add moisture. My sinuses are very dry right now-actually can feel some scabs (no, not boogers-lol) in my nose and it is driving me nuts! So, I need to work on adding some moisture in the house somehow! I have one of those potpourri crocks that I might add water to today and see how that works :)

stewart-maddox said...

OK I posted mine on my blog and hopefully you can click on my name and it will take you to my blog?????