Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grandmother Bread...

Ok, so you can mess it up-lol! Or, I can-which is not hard for me...

I decided to follow advice I had seen on another blog. I kneaded the dough until I could make a nice ball and flatten/stretch it without tearing. This meant I had to add more flour as I went along...My bread was tough that night! I could hardly eat it and I LOVE Grandmother Bread!! So, from now on, atleast with Grandmother Bread the way I have been doing it-kneading until I can feel the elasticity. I check this by pushing (not poking the bread) two fingers into the dough and seeing if it 'bounces' back. This lets me know it has good elasticity and is ready to start the rising process :)

I made some waffles last night before I started dinner. I was able to get two good batches made and this will give the kids breakfast for two days. Waffles take awhile, so next time I will definitely start them earlier and triple or quadruple my recipe to make enough to throw in the freezer :) Today, I hope to make some banana muffins to stick in the freezer for later in the week.
I would post pics, but I have lost my camera...need to find it. It is probably lost on the desk somewhere...another reason I need to clean it off!

No comments: