Friday, December 19, 2008

More American Girl items done :)

Just wanted to share what I did this morning-ohhh-it's after 1 now, so I guess this morning and part of the afternoon-lol! I did start the dishwasher and helped kids with school work, so I wasn't sewing ALL morning :)
This is Felicity's cape. I think it turned out wonderfully! After I took this pic, I added an embroidered trim around the edges and it really makes the cape much nicer!
Kaya is modeling :)

Here is Kaya again-though not the Kaya who is to receive the actual winter coat and mittens--it HAS to be a surprise!
There is a bit a variation in the material, but I figure it adds to the 'reality' of what would have been really worn in Kaya's time-they would have not have perfection in their furs :) Stretching it a bit? Yea, probably :P
But, Im proud of myself-since we could not afford AG clothes this year, this was the next best choice and I think I did pretty well-no, they are not perfect, but my girls will be happy I think. I still have to make a shirt for the jeans, which I am going to cut out now-I think. My back is hurting, so it might wait for later :0 Have a blessed day everyone!

4 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Praise God!!! We have PICTURES!!!....I am soooo visual. Those look awesome, Debbie...great job.

OkieDebbie said...

Yes!! At first, they would not charge and I found my extra one, charged again, and it worked! So, I am able to atleast get the pics taken and uploaded to the computer.
And thanks, Im pretty excited over them :)

stewart-maddox said...

These are SO cute!! Love them!!

OkieDebbie said...

Thanks! I have to make jammies for Josh sometime between now and tomorrow night--I could not find any when I went to the store yesterday :( But, he liked Felicity's cloak so much, that he wants one for his bear-lol! I will make him a cloak out of material I make for his jammies ;)