Sunday, December 21, 2008

Goal Setting Sunday

As I have shown all week long, I have been working feverishly on my sewing projects. Yesterday, I sat down to make that AG shirt--I modified a pattern that was originally for an AG coat-instead of cutting two separate pieces, I just put the edge of the pattern on a fold, as you would do for any regular pull on shirt, and cut it out. Guess what? It wouldn't go over the doll's head when I tried it. Thankfully, I had not sewn the whole thing or I would have been upset. But, I had attached the hood-sort of making a hoodie shirt. SO, I snipped a bit in the front, down the center, adjusted the hood a bit in the front and sewed that all up. Well, that made the front of the shirt low cut....Jess, the American girl would not like cold air on her chest in the winter, so I had to fix that! A bit of ribbon and ...voila!




I will post a pic later on since it is still dark here and our old doggie is in the playroom keeping warm and I don't feel like battling her-she may be old, but sure is strong and even more head strong-lol!
 
My goal this week is pretty much the same as last week's. I still need to sew a stocking and perhaps a nightgown for one of my kids. I also have to prepare for Christmas dinner, as well as still do some Christmas shopping and it looks like most of this will all be done on Christmas Eve-not to mention wrapping gifts. So pray for me for strength and peace to get through this week. It's all pretty much up to me, so Im freaking out a bit-lol!

No comments: