Sunday, December 28, 2008

Goal Setting Sunday

Finished all my sewing last week in time for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day :) The only thing I did not get done, because we had to go shopping late Christmas Eve, was to make Santa some cookies. But, that worked out because our neighbor blessed us with some wonderful treats early that day and they were perfect for Santa! He had a small plate full of treats to enjoy that night!

This week's goal is to get some deep cleaning done. Im not exactly sure why it happens, but in the main bathroom, the baseboards get very dusty-then, of course, with showers and baths, the steam turns the dust into dirt-ewww! So, I plan to make that my first task. Not a big one, and they are not totally disgusting, but I want them done :) Another chore will be to go around and clean all the windows and the frames around those windows. They really sweat in this cold weather, so they need to be wiped down. This is something I was doing once a week, but with Christmas coming, they got put behind. So, I need to really get in and wipe each one down nicely.
I also want to wash my mini blinds-this will be the last thing I do, but this week we have a couple days where the weather will be sort of warm. So, I am hoping to get out the hose and spray the blinds down and let them dry outside. They were dusty--actually-filthy--when we moved in and I have tried everything else to get them clean. I believe the people before us smoked in the house, I can sometimes smell old smoke in the closets-ugh! They smell awful and that is another thing I need to do-figure out some way to make my closets smell better-lol!. Anyway, I think the residue on the blinds are from not only dust, but cigarrette smoke :( I have tried cleaning them, but I think they just need a good outside scrub and spray! We have long vertical blinds hanging over our sliding glass door, which I was able to easily wipe down with rubbing alcohol, but it didn't work as easily with the mini blinds....I will try to post a before and after pic of these :)

Have a great week everyone!! Be blessed and enjoy the rest between now and New Years!

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Debbie,

Have you had the air ducts cleaned out? My FIL smoked for YEARS in our old house...so much that the ceiling was BROWN....supposed to be white. Anyhow, after we had the air ducts cleaned we never had the smell again.....so, budget for it and you will see a huge difference, especially if you have a child w/ allergies.

I started taking down the decorations today....my kitchen looks sort of like normal....I just don't want to look anywhere else...lol.

OkieDebbie said...

We plan to get the ducts cleaned out, but I never thought about the smoke issue in the ducts! Thanks! Hopefully, we can get that done this Spring!