Sunday, December 14, 2008

Goal Setting Saturday-umm-let's change this to Sunday :P

I enjoyed a week of no goals! It was lovely! We did school work, but we spent three of those days making cookies :) FUN!! Well, we did not spend all day making cookies-no way-my waistline would not handle that! But, we made a different batch each of the three days and one batch was for a Christmas party on Friday. I still did my regular chores and my kids have been pretty good at keeping my kitchen clean for some reason-perhaps one of those kids drew my name at the start of Advent?

Im going to change this to Goal Setting Sunday-why, you ask? Oh, I know it's obvious :) I seem to get my goals done by Saturday and set a new one on Sunday. Mostly due to the fact that dh is off Sundays and Mondays, so I try to be sure most of my work is done by Saturday so I can spend his days off pretty much chore free (other than dishes or a load of laundry that magically appeared on my laundry room floor ;)

This week is to finish that silly little Am. Girl nightgown and perhaps find enough material to make Jess a nightgown for Christmas Eve. I also need to find some material to make Levi a stocking-I drew his name and he only has his small baby stocking. He loves it, but I would like to make him one a bit bigger that he can treasure ;) I hope to find some car material and use some extra flannel I have -car material for the top of the stocking and the flannel for the bottom, foot part.

So pray it stays warm enough in the playroom so I can do this. For some reason, it doesn't heat well in there, and that is fine, except when you need good blood flow in your hands for sewing-lol!

4 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

We spent this afternoon weatherstripping the doors.....getting ready for the cold front. I've stocked up on groceries and milk, so I'm sure it won't hit....lol.

Make sure you post pics of the wristies when you make them....they were so easy. I'm thinking of selling the fairy doors....just imagine having a basket setting on the little porch....when a child loses a tooth, they put it in the basket. In the morning, they find FOREIGN coins in the basket because the tooth fairy can travel the world!!! Then I could sell holiday kits for decorating the door and porch....do yo think it would sell?

OkieDebbie said...

As soon as Eric finds his flashlight in which my camera batteries are, I will post all sorts of pics-lol! I think Santa may have to just bring me some new batteries though...
I would buy those fairy doors if I had the money! Or, let's say, when I DO have the money :) They are so cute and I was telling Katy I really want one-or two-one for outside on our front porch and one inside-they have to have a door in and out! LOL! Yes, I think they woudl sell, especially on places like ebay or etsy!! You need to send your blog to EduShare so Marilyn can see the fairy decorations-she loves fairies! Oh, and those wrist warmers!

What's Cookin Stacey?? said...

Debbie, love your blog! Raven has been sewing too. I have so much to finish by Christmas! Quilts for Ransome and Raine, pjs and much more. If only the days were a little longer!

OkieDebbie said...

Stacey, it's great to hear from you on my little home in cyberspace-lol! I love your blog too-it makes me feel like Im at home :) I will try to remember to add it to blogs I follow since I do visit you quite often!!