Thursday, October 23, 2008

Project Pics I did Yesterday

 We sort of skipped school yesterday. It was rainy and dreary and no one was wanting to do any school work. So, I set forth to getting my soup in the crockpot and my two loaves of bread going. Then, I went into the playroom and looked around. Katy's bed has been in there since we moved because the loft was just too hot in the summer. Im not really sure how well an a/c will work in there, so we will probably buy a portable a/c for her next year, but that will be after we just try some fans to try circulating the air...a suggestion from a friend I want to try :)

Anyway, I realized the evenings are pretty cool, so I asked Katy if she wanted to move up to her loft. You could tell she was having to restrain herself from jumping up and down as she said YES!

This is her area-see all the papers crumpled on the floor from her writing and drawing-lol!
She was using those boxes as sort of a night stand. Well, one of those boxes hold my sewing machine-lol!
I started looking at an old microwave cart we have in that room that was pretty good for holding toys. I wondered if cute boxes could slide in there. I found a beer box, cut off the top flaps and covered it with fabric...
Oh, and Katy had the idea for those little flowers in the front. I was able to find two boxes that worked quite well and Eric brought me more home last night. Of course, the cat on the top decided they were HIS boxes and I will have to wait until he is finished with them-or sneak them away while he is not watching :P
I will paint the cart next Spring-primer it, then paint it-so it will look nice and cute. The boxes hold her smaller clothes nicely and she uses the white dresser for her other clothes.
Right now, her mattress is on the floor-she likes it that way, but I hate it. Eric and I debate if a bed frame will fit up there, but after seeing her mattress up there, I know for certain it will now :) I won that debate-lol!  So, I will look around for a bed frame, or perhaps a captain's bed with drawers to give her more storage space (like for all those books and drawing stuff she owns ;)
So....part of the playroom is done! YAY! Hopefully a bit more today as Im still working on where I want my sewing machine :)

No comments: