Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Experiment in the Works

I was watching Oprah yesterday and they were talking about America's Thriftiest Families. These people were sharing things they were doing to cuts costs, save money, and just how the economy is affecting their lives right now. One lady shared how she cut her electric bill from over $200 down to about $60! One thing she did was unplugging things when they were not in use. I had started that a couple months ago, and our next bill after I started this was down about $100. But, that month, we also had not used the a/c much due to nice cool weather and being able to just open windows and the front door to allow the cool air inside. So, I will compare it to this new bill that should be coming in a few days.

I also realized there are things plugged in that we do not use all the time-the kids' game consoles, the stereo, the dvd player, and even our surround sound. So, yesterday, I unplugged those items. I also realized our computer, printer and even the speakers for my computer could be unplugged when not in use. We'll see how much this effects our bill next month. Since my dryer is not working, Im sure that will affect our bill too...

Here is a link with lots of info you can read through and see if there are ways you can cut your costs to save money :) http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow_20081008_thriftiest

No comments: