Friday, October 10, 2008

Coupon Organization Tip

I often get coupons in the Sunday Paper. On Oprah the other day, The Coupon Mom (www.couponmom.com) suggested the real way to save with coupons is to buy a few Sunday papers-well, with the price of the paper in our area now going up 50 cents, that is alot unless I am able to get some really great coupon deals out of it. But, I usually cut out the coupons I need and forget about the rest. Then, weeks down the road (so to speak) I come across a blogger who shares some of the great deals she is getting at some store and she will use one of those coupons from a past Sunday paper. Well, I'm out because I do not have that coupon section anymore. Well, I came up with a solution to that. I am now taking my coupons that are leftover, you know, those ones not cut out and still dangling from the other pages in the coupon section, and folding them in half slightly, then, I place them into an accordion folder. These sections each get placed under the month they came in, because that is the best way to go back and find those coupons. For instance, this week's paper had a coupon for Green Giant Steamers-$1 off. Well, we have not tried these and I was not sure of the price and if I would ever buy them, so I didn't cut it out. One another blog, I found that Walmart sells these for $1.27. The final price with the coupon will make it 27 cents! Great deal for some frozen veggies. So, I went to my Sunday paper, took out the coupons, cut that one out and now the rest of my coupons are folded and inserted into the month of Oct in my accordion folder--for when I come across another great deal using a coupon I didn't cut out before :)

Can't wait to try those Steamers and only spend 27 cents on them! YAY! Now, I am wishing I would have bought a couple extra papers. That suggestion from Coupon Mom would have paid off this time around! Not only would the Steamers coupon made it worthwhile, but, of course, there were many other good coupons in there and in the long run, I would have made the money back, plus more, by using the coupons!

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I love that idea! I have no method to my madness and often lose out on deals.....now that I've found bloggers that LOVE to advertise their deals and make sure to show us where they get the coupons...it is very easy to keep the coupons intact.....no cutting until needed. Thanks!!!

OkieDebbie said...

Thanks! It is an easier method I think-atleast I think it will be for me ;) I love the ladies who take the time to post their deals at certain stores!