Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goal Setting Saturday

Im thinking this should be goal setting Sunday instead-lol! Im giving myself another week on this one. Why, you ask? Well, the playroom is clean as far as toys go-they are pretty neatly put away....But, when I went to set up my sewing machine on my little table, the hole that was cut out for the original machine is too big for mine. So, Im waiting for Eric to cut me a piece of wood to just cover that-no big deal. And, Im thinking of an idea for my material-I found tons while digging through boxes of winter clothes in the garage! I have no idea why I put that material in those boxes, but, who care?! I found material-YAY FOR ME!!!! So, Im going to wash it this week, and figure out a nice solution to hold all these fabrics I have :) And, I already know what my goal for the next week is--teaching my girls to sew a bit. Laura was asking over and over yesteray if I could teach her to sew. Katy has been doing Home Ec this year and I knew around November we would start on some things she could make for gifts...so we will start a couple simple projects next week and I will start on a couple ideas I have for stocking stuffers for Christmas ;)

So, next Saturday, expect-EXPECT-to see my finished playroom/sewing room. Cleaned and organized :) Give me an internet thump on the head if I miss it this time-lol!

1 comment:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Debbie,

We used our leftover lumber...the kind used for the shelves in the closets to make shelves. It is the 12" x 12' boards.

All I did was buy the $1.50 cement blocks at Lowe's.....how many you need, depends on how long and how high you want them.

We did 6 ft. length in Regan's room. It took 4 boards...one for the flor, because we have the laminated wood and didn't want to muck of the surface....set two block TALL WAYS...is that a word?....anyhow, put anothe board, two blocks, another board...and so on....

I can take a picture if you are more visual. It really holds up well....we now have them in the office, the garage, the girls' rooms......of course, they AREN'T painted....yea, future project there.

Ok, these would work nicely for playroom AND for the material.