Sunday, October 19, 2008

Goal Setting Saturday (Late Again!!)

I do have a VERY good excuse-lol! Our dryer broke last week, so I had been hanging out clothes. Well, I wasn't able to do it this week, so I got behind. Eric and I decided to just wash all the clothes at home and dry them at the laundromat. So, I washed all the clothes yesterday while doing my bi-weekly Sat shopping trips (did a load before we left out and two more after I got home). Then, when Eric got off work, we headed on up to the laundromat and dried. We also had to take a trip to Wallyworld-again-to return a remote that was not working when I tried to program it at home. So, my day was pretty well taken up.

I did, however, straighten and weed out the shoes in my foyer. There are still quite a few, especially since DH and I prefer to keep ours near the door. Katy does, as well. I've got some ideas running through my head...I really want something that hides the shoes pretty much. I will figure it out, Im sure. A picture will be posted later, once my camera's batteries are charged (which is why there is no before pic since my sweet kidlets kept taking them out of the charger to take pics, but never putting the batteries back in the charger to be recharged-did I say I needed new batteries? Yea, think I did, but it is one thing I keep forgetting when I go shopping-lol).

Next week will be the playroom. It needs to be reorganized and cleaned up-it's a mess considering the kids rarely play in there...I will post that Before pic later when I post the foyer picture :)

4 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Ok, you are forgiven....ba haaa....I just love seeing the progress.

Hey, have you thought about a dresser in the entrance? Is it big enough? Paint it black...or whatever. I have one that I plan to put in my entrance for hats and gloves. We use the garage entrance so, don't need to hide the shoes. Although, we finally cleaned out the garage yesterday and WOW....stupid me, should have taken before and after pics. You'd be amazed!!!

OkieDebbie said...

Oh..see, that is an idea. I might have to find a dresser that is not too deep from front to back...I will have to keep an eye out-and I think black would look great in the foyer too. I plan to put up black & white photos in black frames on the wall you see right when you walk in, so that would look terrific! I also like the idea of putting hats & gloves in there...would be more room than where I have them stashed now :)Thanks for the idea!!

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Oh, you should do the silhouettes....in black and white. There are several posts about them even on my sight....just put it in the search box at the top left of my blog.

OkieDebbie said...

I actually have thought about the silhouettes but never thought about adding them to the black & whites-that is another great idea :) Thanks, Traci!