Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And Hubby Gives a Cleaning Tip

Eric had worked on our cars yesterday and he was GREASY-GRIMEY!! UGH! So, thankfully, before bed, he took a shower-whew! After he was done, he called me into the bathroom to show me a nice, clean tiled floor! Woah! What did he do? I envisioned him on his hands and knees, scrubbing away-like I do...No, he discovered, by accident, a new cleaning solution.
Our tile is so hard to clean and I would rather not get the harsh chemical cleaners, but I was beginning to get to that point-I have never been able to really get the mold off. It was nice and white when we moved in-lol! I know it probably needs to be re-grouted (if not completely re-tiled-ugh). Anyway, DH was using his hand cleaner to get off the grease off while taking his shower and some slipped out of his hands, onto the shower floor... he rubbed it around with his foot a bit, in order to break it up so it would slide on down the drain-that is when it happened-he saw how well it cleaned! He grabbed a scrub brush and tried it in other places...it was still working!!
So, if you have gross stuff in your tub or shower, grab some good ol' hand cleaner-the kinds mechanics might use. The brand my husband was using is Go-Jo :)

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I think the magic eraser would work as well....I am just shocked at what I have running around cleaning w/ it!!!

OkieDebbie said...

I might try the Magic Eraser today. The GoJo worked well in some areas, but not others...It seemed to work better for Eric..hmm--perhaps HE needs to clean the shower. Maybe that is the *real* cleaning tip? LOL!