Monday, November 24, 2008

Internet to the Rescue

Man! You can find anything you need at the click of a mouse (well, after you type a search in ;)

I have only made one turkey completely on my own in my lifetime. Other times, I did it per my mom's instructions. The one I made myself, I just made for use in other meals and soups-it wasn't a special Holiday Bird.

So, I needed to know wher eto stick the thermometer. I did this before, but I forget where and wanted to be certain....Then, I wanted to check on some other things-like what is the right temp, how long to roast, etc..

BUTTERBALL to the RESCUE!!!

http://www.buterrball.com/

Yes, they have that hotline too :) But, you can also get on their website and get info as well. Perhaps you don't want your MIL, Dear Old Aunt So-and-So, Grandmother, etc... knowing you need that help (or perhaps she has been telling you all you are doing is wrong and you need that extra reassurance)--you can secretly get online and get on their website without her knowing (if she comes in the room, minimize the website :)

Or, the other benefit for us moms---it is so hard to have a friendly conversation on the phone, imagine how hard it is with excited kids waiting for all that food in a few hours and you need to know if this thing your turkey is doing is supposed to happen :) You can check out their website instead and not worry about having to yell into an operator's ear as you tell little Timmy to stop sticking the serving spoons over his ears...

No comments: