Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fabric Garlands

I want to make this! Actually, I want to make a few ;) I have lots of fabric that I can use and to pick up a bit of other fabrics here and there would be no problem :) I have raffia and I have old light strings that would be cute as well! Im excited!
Here are the instructions--I wish the picture was a bit better, but I think I get the general idea!!
Fabric Garland Craft Idea

You can do this for different seasons, different holidays, etc... I want to make a couple for Thanksgiving and I will just take apart the fabric pieces from whatever I tie them onto, pack with the Thanksgiving decorations and then make a Christmas one ;) I figure I can reuse the fabric pieces next year and also add to them. I think little pumpkins of some sort hanging from the raffia would be sweet. And I have some jingle bells somewhere I can add to the Christmas garlands. I want to make one for the entertainment center, one for over my kitchen window and probably one for my front door-maybe the door knob? That one will ahve the jingle bells so they can irritate my husband everytime the door is open and shut (a tradition I have set in place for the past few years-lol! Poor Fella!).

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

tea stain some of your children's socks and add to them.....makes is adorable!!! I have one...oh and I put wooden spools at the ends. So easy and fun to make!!!

OkieDebbie said...

Oh, I have lots of little baby socks that I could do that with :) Thanks! I also like the wooden spools-how sweet those must me!