Monday, November 3, 2008

Blessings

Im so glad my kids don't mind hand-me-downs :) Over the past couple of months, I was blessed with clothes for my youngest daughter and my youngest son...very nice clothes and so adorable. Now, I know, you are probably saying she has older kids, can't she use the clothes from them--well, yes, I do in fact use them :) But, with my older son, he went through clothes quick while living in the country. And, with my girls, well, the clothes went through two girls and some are worn a bit. Or, stained. Or, well, all kids have different body shapes, so what might have fit the older kids well, don't fit the youngers the same way :)

We also got blessed with shoes for the youngest son-two full bags and they are practically new, or a couple pairs were new!

Im writing this today because, well, I need to see God in something right now. Christmas is coming, and this year, Thanksgiving is also my oldest son's birthday. Times are tough and I am not seeing the silver lining on how to afford Christmas this year....But, deep down inside, I know God has big things for us. No, I don't mean we will have this crazy spending spree for Christmas-lol! No, I mean God has those blessings ready to flow for us :) I just know it. And, seeing what we have been blessed with just the past couple of months, well, I know it will continue.

And, we are not just getting here...no, we are giving too. Where we can, what we can. It isn't always alot. It might be a simple offer to help pull a trailer for a friend who is moving. It might be offering to fix a car for free if that person buys the parts needed. It could be just sitting and visiting with a neighbor who might not get that many visitors, or offering to mow her yard.

I saw someone mentioning coupons she got in the mail and how she shared them with other friends...then she got blessed with more coupons (they were *really* nice coupons ;) She called it Paying Forward. Well, no matter what you call it, it's blessings overflowing :)

1 comment:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

I am hoping that this economy thing gets us off that spending spree we've been on for years. I hate the insane amount of money that people spend during this time.

I have a friend who is hoarding every bit of money her husband is giving her JUST TO BUY A STUPID GAME for her son....he already has the latest 1, 2, and 3 versions!!! Sheesh....she even called him to tell him she got another $20 for it.....hiding stuff from dad...that is what she is teaching him.

Carly has now decided to throw a wedding into this season as well.....yeah, I KNOW!!! I'll post details eventually on my blog. She will be moving to Hawaii for 2 years....just 2 days after the wedding!

Ok, I've got to hurry and get stuff done to get to work....buh bye