Saturday, November 1, 2008

Goal Setting Saturday

No pictures to post, as of yet (need to charge those batteries again :) but I was able to get my playroom/sewing room all set up. The toys are neatly put away (mostly anyhow) and my sewing machine is on it's table. Next to the table are two small boxes full of fabric--that will have to do for the time being :) Boxes that were leftover from the move-mostly filled with Katy's winter clothes-are now unpacked and switched out with summer clothes that needed storing. The boxes are moved to our garage for the time being. Next week, the older girls and I will start sewing :) Im looking forward to it and I think they will enjoy it!

So new goal-get to sewing. I will be teaching Katy and Laura the basics and they are going to make small quilts for gifts. I plan to get started on some gifts for the kids as well.

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Hurry and get the batteries charged......

Have you seen the sewing book....I can't remember the name. It has great projects for beginning sewers.

It starts them on the sewing machine WITH NO THREAD....sewing/following a maze. Starts curvy and then moves to corners...stopping and pivoting. It is a very good book...vintage.....I don't know if there is a newer version of it. I think there are two of them.

And....as I'm typing this, I completely forgot to take a pic of the shelf.....http://www.utexas.edu/student/housing/images/1986Carothers16.jpg

That picture is similar....except we left wood hanging out the ends.

OkieDebbie said...

I have not seen that book, but it sounds terrific! I am thinking I can make a design on some scrap fabric and let them follow it the same way :) Heck, I might even do it too-lol!
Thanks for the pic! That is so neat and I think that would fit in the play room nicely! Maybe even my room for the school books!!