Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pencil Monsters!!

Do you have Pencil Monsters in your house? We do! They are scary! They are a relative of the Sock Monster. They love to eat pencils which were intended for use in school work... I'm not sure what it is they like about the pencils, but they do. Sometimes, they enjoy a snack of a delicacy known as colored pencils... I often see clues of these monsters in my couches, under my couches, under beds, etc... pencils shoved in nooks and crannies everywhere-no one ever knowing just how they got there.
Not only do these mysterious creatures enjoy pencils of all kinds, they love markers and crayons. Sometimes I see the 'crumbs' left behind by these fiends (yes, they look just like pencil/crayon shavings, but my children would never leave a mess like that-oh no!). No one has ever seen them, but I am hoping one day one of my kids will grow up, become a scientist, and search for these ominous creatures that rob unsuspecting familes of their writing/drawing supplies, proving what I have known all along-they DO exist! And, I know they are all named 'Notme', 'Idunno', 'Notmine', and 'Ididntdoit'....

2 comments:

Traci @ The Bakery said...

OMG! He must have left MY house and went you yours....I don't know how many times I've threatened Regan about..."if I EVER find a hole punched in my car seat....you'd better run" I find them everywhere and all the leads are broken and they are NEVER where they are supposed to be. What about the clothes that appear in the hamper AFTER you've already washed all of that color? Mhmmmm, I think they are related....

OkieDebbie said...

LOL! That SO sounds like my house too! I have found holes punched into the couches underthe cushions because of pencils and pens :( Gosh, I want them to be creative and draw/write, but can't they be clean too?! LOL! Oh, yea, it's those monsters, not my children-I remember now-lol!