Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Homemaker Notebooks

Im thinking about starting a good Homemaker Notebook-or Household Notebook. Im already started I guess, since my shopping list and menu ideas are in a notebook already. But, I want to add a pricelist where I can keep track of prices on items we buy alot. I also want to add a nice address list with phone numbers-I usually keep things like this on my computer and then I end up losing it when the computer crashes or whatever-lol! I also want to add a cleaning schedule-well, not really a schedule because I NEVER keep up with schedules-lol! Plus, you never know what the day might bring-a sick child, more laundry than you anticipated, need to run out for hubby or something-who knows?!! So, what I want is a cleaning checklist of sorts and leave it out for the kids-they can go through it and see what needs to be done for the week, do it and mark off-or I will do it and mark off (ok, Debbie, you are kidding yourself, right? You *know* who will be going through that notebook and marking off anything at all--YOU!!! :) So, in case you are interested-here are some sites for making your own household notebooks-perhaps it could be a great project to start with your child during the summer or maybe a homeschool project for Home Ec which is what my 9th grader is going to be doing this year :)

What's a Household Notebook Great place to start to learn more
The Household Notebook Further Explained A fellow blogger explains more about her notebook with links to learn more and print out your own
Tip Nut's info on Household Notebooks
Household Notebook Great info on this site plus safety issues to think about with your notebook
Donna Young's Household Notebook Printables Donna Young has great printables of all sorts-especially ones for Homeschooling :)
StarrySky Ranch Household Notebooking Forms Ok, I had to scan around for these, but once I found them-Hooo Doggie!! Some great forms-even some for cleaning out the car :) Also, if you are a homeschooler or have a big family, check out the other posts from this family-lots of great stuff!

No comments: