Monday, September 1, 2008

Making Pretty Binders

A friend of mine shared this with me and Im hoping to do it as soon as the weather cools a bit (I don't know why, but I love sewing when the weather is cooler for some reason). You take fabric and cover a binder making it look pretty, cool, or whatever. I am thinking what a great way to take my shopping binder and kicking it up a notch to not just functional, but attractive!! Im also planning to get fabric each of my kids like and covering their school binders.

There are many instructions out there for this simple project, but I like this one, especially for my shopping notebook, because it has little pockets right on the outside of the binder-convenient for coupons, pens, or even bills that I might be taking with me that day to drop off at the post office :) But, you could also do this with your Household Notebook.

I know many of us use those binders with the covers you can slide a decorated paper into. I love those, and all our notebooks have that, but after a while, these binders can start to split. By doing this method, you can cover those splits with some duct tape (maybe you can find colors to match your material ;) and then, make your cover for your notebook.

Recycling-Reusing? Well, either way, nice for the environment!!

Here is the link for the instructions my friend sent-
Lola Again-Binder Cover Tutorial   (and please check out Lola's purses-SO cute!!)

And here are some other instructions I found online-
Free Pattern & Directions to Sew a Binder Cover

Beat Up Binder Make-over

No comments: