Friday, September 26, 2008

My Savings Bottle


Hee Hee-Check this piggy bank out! My husband brought this home from a meeting at his work (he works for Anheuser Busch), so yes, it is a large beer bottle. Well, like a large beer bottle-it never had beer in it and the lid just pulls easily on and off-well, you get the idea :) It is a large piggy bank, just not in a piggy shape ;)
So, we decided we would pitch in our change to this jar-whether it be a penny here and there, all the way up to any quarters we might have. My husband brought this home two weeks ago, and so far, we have $10-at the least. I dug into it because I need to buy more sugar and I don't want to dig into our bank account for a few cents-lol! I plan to put that change back next paycheck when I do my grocery shopping. I shop with cash pretty much, so I can accumulate lots of change most of the time. And, honestly, I have started to pick up a penny when I see it.
I remember years ago when my sister was little, she started saving for a bike she wanted. She didn't have a job-after all, she was only about 5 at the time. But, she would pick up change whenever she saw it on the sidewalk, street, etc and put it into a piggy bank. My mom would add some of her change into the bank. In no time, she had enough money to buy that brand new, shiny bike!!
I'm not sure what we will do with the money we are saving-perhaps a camping trip, maybe a big family activity like fun at the Fair next year, or perhaps something that will benefit the whole family like a bigger kitchen table, a new dryer...well, who knows. But, I'm just so thrilled that we were able to save $10 in only 2 weeks!

No comments: