Sunday, June 12, 2011

Fudge Pop Recipe

Target has popsicle molds in their Dollar Spot-each mold holds 8 pops. I bought 3 during my last shopping trip on Friday :) The kids were thrilled! I promised to make them some fudge pops and had originally bought pudding to make these. In searching for the recipe to use the pudding mix, I came across this recipe and decided to try it instead. Now, Im not sure if these are really that different from using just the pudding mix (will have to try the pudding next time to compare) but I must admit, these are really very tasty :) You can read through the reviews and get ideas of what other folks did while making these :) I added a bit more cocoa powder than called me (just used slightly heaping TBS). I did scant cups of sugar and will try next time to use even less as, to me, these were quite sweet. Also, the recipe says to boil until thickened-I really did not see too much thickening, so really, I think it means the mixture is not to be the consistency of hot cocoa, but a bit thicker-not like you would get with pudding :) Hope that makes sense :)

Fudge Pop Recipe

I will have to work out the cost of these one day and figure out how much it costs for this recipe as compared to pudding mix. For me, using the Target popsicle molds, I got about 19 pops-not too bad!

No comments: